Nasal Plug PACK OF 10
Unlike other products, the HemCon Nasal Plugs offer patients a quick, comfortable and reliable solution to stop nasal bleeding.
HemCon Nasal Plugs are made of an expandable PVA sponge impregnated with m•doc, an active micro-dispersed oxidized cellulose that stops anterior bleeding fast.
When used, the plugs:
- absorb blood
- expand rapidly into a soft, comfortable sponge
- aid in clot formation by activating platelets with the m•doc technology
M•doc offers a uniquemechanism of action to support patients and stop bleeding. HemCon's oxidized cellulose (OC) is derived from non-genetically modified cotton linters (botanically derived). OC has been used globally as a hemostat for over 50 years. However, due to the fibrous nature of the material, it is limited in its consistency, effectiveness, suitability for processing and potential for other applications.
HemCon's scientists made a breakthrough by developing a proprietary formulation and process for further manipulating and refining oxidized cellulose into various salt states, creating a much purer micronized powder format, with a uniform particle size of the order of microns (0.001 to 0.050mm). This micronized version of oxidized cellulose is achieved through a proprietary process of further oxidation, hydrolysis and refinement. The final product is chemically known as PolyAnhydroGlucuronic Acid, (PAGA).
Advantages of PAGA technology:
- Provides pressure without discomfort
- No burning, odor or pain
- No additional packing required
- Can be removed within minutes of achieving hemostasis
- Does not stick to nasal mucosa, easily removed
- No medical training or expertise required for application or removal
- Plug can be easily cut to size to meet patient’s anatomy needs
Not for children: Not recommended for children under 5 years. Plugs can be easily trimmed to size with scissors prior to use.
Caution: It is recommended to only use one nasal plug per side at a time. Do not leave the plug in the nose for more than one hour. In the event of prolonged bleeding seek medical advice.
Model Number: 132