Pyng FASTResponder™ Sternal Intraosseous Device
The FASTResponder™ Sternal Intraosseous Device from Pyng gives emergency care providers the critical ability to quickly establish vascular access when normal peripheral intravenous access fails. The FASTResponder™ Sternal IO enables users to rapidly and easily deliver emergency fluids and medications into the vascular system through the bone marrow of the manubrium. Safe to use in patients 12 years of age and older, the FASTResponder™ can be effectively used during CPR and when a cervical spine collar is in place.
Any fluids or medications that can be administered by IV can also be administered by IO. As an accepted standard of care and treatment modality, IO infusion is endorsed by the American Heart Association, Advanced Trauma Life Support, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support courses, as well as the European Resuscitation Council. IO is also taught as part of military medicine training and Tactical Combat Casualty Care guidelines.
- Confidence: Sternal notch simplest IO site to locate. Device deign facilitates site location.
- Consistent: Automatic depth control - Inserts consistently 6 mm into the manubrium without question of over or under penetration often experienced in the long bones.
- Simple: A simple process to learn, use and remember; push down/pull up and no batteries and no needle sizes vs. multi-steps and multi-pieces with drills in other products
- Secure: Low-profile tubing remains in place when loading a patient into an aircraft or ground ambulance. Other devices have high-profile, rigid tubing that could be dislodged.
- Light & Compact: Minimal weight and space-utilization anywhere; an individual pocket, pouch, medical kit, vehicle and helicopter.
- All-in-One: No need for additional tools, accessories, or pre-use incision utilized with other products.
- Less Pain: Less pain on insertion and infusion as compared to IO sites in the long bone.
- Easy: Skill mastery within minutes; skill retention not dependent upon frequent practice and use.
- Versatile: Can be used as a Bridge to a Central Venous Line (CVL) or as a temporary replacement for CVL.
Per Federal Law, all of the items listed on this webpage are prescription drugs and/or devices. Before your account can receive these items, we must have a completed License Authorization Form (LAF) Form on file signed by your Medical Director. Orders from individuals will not be accepted.
Prescription Authorization is required to purchase this item.
Model Number: PYNGFRIO