QuickVue Dipstick Strep A test, Box of 50
The QuickVue® Dipstick Strep A test allows for the rapid qualitative detection of Group A Streptococcal antigen. The test detects viable or nonviable organisms directly from throat swabs or culture colonies.
- Two-color endpoint: Easy to read and interpret results.
- Decreased risk of misinterpretation.
- 5 minutes to result: Patient can be tested and treated in the same office visit. Increases office efficiency and reduces patient follow-up activities.
- Two-reagent procedure: Fewer procedural steps, decreasing the risk of operator error.
- Pictorial procedure guide: Simplifies understanding of testing procedure, which increases reliability.
- Room temperature storage: No need to warm-up reagents. Does not take up valuable refrigerator space. Tests can be run when needed.
- 18 month shelf life: Less chance of product expiring before use.
- Built-in internal controls: Ensures system functionality, which increases confidence in results.
- Kit includes external controls: Facilitates internal laboratory quality control. No additional ordering of controls necessary.
- Self contained kit design: All components needed to perform 50 tests are contained in the kit including the swabs.
- Reagents and Materials Supplied:
- Individually packaged Dipsticks (50): Dipsticks coated with rabbit polyclonal
- anti-Group A Streptococcus
- Extraction Reagent A (1): Contains 4 M sodium nitrite
- Extraction Reagent B (1): Contains 0.2 M acetic acid
- Sterile Throat Swabs (50)
- Tubes (50)
- Positive Control (1): Heat-inactivated Group A Streptococcus with 0.02% sodium azide
- Negative Control (1): Heat-inactivated Group C Streptococcus with 0.02% sodium azide
- Package Insert (1)
- Procedure Card (1)
Model Number: 20108