The 122 Reeves Sleeve is the original Reeves Sleeve. Used by first responders during extreme rescue situations, it immobilizes patients with spinal and neck injuries and allows patients to be extricated out of tight spaces.
- Has a load capacity that has been independently tested to over 1,000 lbs
- Constructed of lightweight 18 oz. vinyl-coated polyester that is easily washed with soap and water, highly resistant to acids and alkali, and unable to be penetrated by liquids
- Material tensile strength is 400 x 400 lbs./ inch; tear torque is 160 lbs. x 95 lbs
- Handles are made with 3" polypropylene web with 2" reinforced webbing with foam.
- 5 chest and leg straps with buckles and a "fail-safe" strap are added for additional security
- 1 vertical lift point and 4 horizontal lift points for helicopter hoist capability allow the Reeves Sleeve to hoist patients from any angle. A storage pocket for the hoist cables is built into the Sleeve. Lift rings carry 5,000 lbs vertically and 1,250 lbs horizontally
- Nylon seat belt webbing tested at 6,000 lbs
- Includes removable Velcro head-securing blocks, adjustable head and chin-securing straps, a chest and arm-securing flap with Velcro, a leg-securing flap with Velcro and a spine board compartment for added strength and rigidity
- Multiple padded carry handles allow personnel to transport a patient with ease