TruCorp has designed the Truman Trauma System for teaching medical professionals the necessary skills for dealing with a range of life threatening trauma situations. Techniques which can be practised on the TruMan Trauma include; chest tube insertion, needle decompression, CPR, airway management, needle and surgical cricothyroidotomy and percutaneous tracheostomy.
The Truman Trauma System provides an anatomically correct simulated human torso together with the renowned AirSim head for training the full range of airway management and resuscitation skills.
The Truman Trauma System features replaceable tissues which help provide each trainee a lifelike and unique surgical experience.
Ideal for training in:
- Chest tube insertion: recognition of correct position, surgical incision, blunt dissection through chest wall, perforation of pleura, and finger sweep.
- Anatomically accurate chest tube insertion in the 5th, 6th and 7th intercostal space.
- Realistic feel of all thoracic palpable landmarks.
- Cavity for introduction of optional liquids for simulation of haemothorax or pleural effusion.
- Optional economy or premium chest tube inserts to demonstrate incision. The economy option consists of one solid layer and is a low cost solution for training e.g. for use in ATLS courses. The premium product has a three layered tissue representing skin, fat tissue and muscle for “real feel” surgical incision.
- Needle Decompression of tension pneumothorax:
- Option to introduce air to create either right or left tension pneumothorax.
- Needle decompression replacement tissue sets located in 2nd intercostal space at mid clavicular line.
- Successful needle insertion will release air with the familiar “hiss” sound.
- Durable replacement tissue which will facilitate up to 30+ needle incisions.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR):
- Realistic chest structure allows for easy identification of all anatomical landmarks.
- Full head tilt, chin lift and jaw thrust capabilities to allow the students to prepare the airway prior to resuscitation.
- Lifelike recoil during compressions.
- Successful ventilation will provide an accurate representation of chest rise and fall.
- Airway Management Skills:
- Anatomically accurate oral and naso pharyngeal AirSim airway.
- Larynx piece with palpable rings for both surgical and needle Cricothyroidotomy and percutaneous tracheostomy.
- Full use of supraglottic devices.
- Endo-tracheal tube insertion with direct laryngoscopy.
- Effective bag mask ventilation.
- Single lung isolation capabilities.
- Combi tube insertion.
- Naso gastric tube insertion techniques.
- Identification of tracheal deviation and jugular vein distension which are warning signs attributed to tension pneumothorax:
- Jugular vein distension can be observed on either the left or right side of the neck during tension pneumothorax.
- Tracheal deviation can be palpitated and clearly visible moving away from the side that has tension pneumothorax.
- Both features revert back to neutral upon successful needle decompression.
- 1 Black carrier case
- 1 Shipping brochure
- 1 CD user manual
- 1 Bottle of lubrication
- 2 Needle decompression inserts (as supplied on manikin)
- 2 Chest tube inserts (as supplied on manikin)
- 3 Overlay neck skins (1 supplied on model and two spare)
- 1 roll of airway sealing tape
- 1 combo larynx cover (as supplied on manikin)
- 30 Larynx Membrane Inserts
Model Number: TTR2000