The CELOX-A applicator and plunger delivery system makes it possible for the hemostatic agent to reach deep into small penetrating wounds, getting straight to the source of the bleeding.
CELOX controls bleeding by forming a robust clot when red blood cells react with the CELOX agent. This occurs within minutes after the product is placed at the source of bleeding. CELOX’s properties have been confirmed in studies, where they have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to rapidly control major arterial bleeding (without cautery) from traumatic wounds. Excess CELOX forms a gelled mass to protect the clot and is easily irrigated out.
- Helps save lives by controlling bleeding within minutes
- Works in hypothermic conditions
- Works on anticoagulated blood
- No heat – No burning
- Sterile, waterproof packaging
- No special requirements
- Easy to irrigate from wound
- 6g (0.2oz) applicator/plunger
- For use by medical professionals only