QuikClot Combat Gauze, with kaolin technology, is the CoTCCC hemostatic dressing of choice for the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD).
QuikClot Combat Gauze features:
- Intuitive to use, QuikClot Combat Gauze uses the same placement technique as standard gauze
- Vacuum sealed, compact, cube-sized packaging, and eight tear points expedite access to dressing for quicker application
- Contains an X-ray detectable strip for easy identification
- DAPA listed
- CoTCCC (Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care Committee) recommended
- Five-year shelf life
- NSN 6510-01-562-3325
Penetrating Wounds & Massive Bleeding
- Gunshot Wounds
- Mass Casualty Events
- Large Non-Compressible Injuries Where Tourniquets Cannot Be Applied
- Effective in Tourniquet Conversion
QuikClot Combat Gauze is a sterile, 3 in. x 4 yds. Z-folded, nonwoven gauze with X-ray indicator, and is impregnated with kaolin, an inorganic mineral that activates Factor XII, which in turn accelerates the body's natural clotting ability. This bleeding control solution creates a robust clot to control bleeding fast potentially giving you more time to attend to other tasks as you move patients through the continuum of care.
Model Number: 150