The Slishman Pressure Wrap (SPW) is a highly versatile tool designed primarily for use as a pressure dressing. The lightweight black or orange elastic wrap includes a red slip sleeve forming a lasso that is easy to cinch and allows for application around an injured limb. Compact and conforming, the wrap can be added to IFAKs, go-bags, or larger first aid kits and is useful in a wide range of environments, including tactical, civilian, marine and veterinary. It can also be used to protect wounds, stabilize extremities, or to hold splints in place.
- Light, compact, flexible and soft
- Easy self-application
- Fits adults, children, and even pets
- No skin pinch
- Minimal fine motor dexterity required
- Easy to apply for seasoned medics and untrained first responders
- Finely adjustable (Tighten until hemostasis, and then loosen for pain control and better perfusion)
Slishman Pressure Wrap Instructions
- Loop over injured limb & apply to injury (or simply wrap for entrapped limb).
- Cinch the red sleeve until snug.
- Use a wide wrap for long lacerations, or a narrow, tight wrap for more severe bleeding (between the injury and heart).
- Wrap the elastic all the way to the white label, then secure hooks to the elastic.
- Note application time on the white label.
- Adjust for pain minimization, while monitoring bleeding, pulses, sensation and motor function.
- Leave in place until definitive wound management can be accomplished ASAP.
Note: Do not encircle and tighten around the neck.
Dimensions: Wrap 4” H x 1.6” W x 1” D
Weight: 1.2 oz (wrap), 2.7 oz (wrap + pouch)
Model Number: 70-5010, 70-5015